Volunteer from home, earn service hours
Students in grades 7–12: Give back to your community and help others without leaving home. You'll earn volunteer hours, too! This program is completely flexible: no library card required; no application or training; volunteer when it fits your schedule; no minimum or maximum hours. Do what you can, when you can! And you'll make a positive difference in the world.
How do I start?
- Select an organization from the "volunteer activities," listed below.
- Follow the directions on the organization's website to complete volunteer work.
- Choose one organization (project) or a few to receive as many volunteer hours as you need.
How do I earn hours?
- For each activity that you complete, fill out and submit the Teen Volunteering: Online Service Projects form.
- Take a photo of your finished volunteer project (e.g. drawing, coloring project, letter, card, etc.) and upload it to the form.
- If you do not submit a photo or complete the form, you will not receive credit for the activity you submitted.
- Submit one form per activity: no limit on the number of submissions.
- Submit forms no later than Friday, December 11, 2020.
- Certificates include your name, hours that you volunteered, and the library coordinator's signature.
- Certificates will be emailed at the end of December to all who successfully completed the program and submitted the required forms.
Will the online volunteer program be held again?
- The online volunteer program will begin a new session in January 2021.