Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Log in to these library resources with your Vernon Area Library card. If a PIN is required, use the one associated with your library card, usually the last four digits of your phone number.
Explora Middle School
Encyclopedia for grades 6–8.
- wide range of topics for school projects or papers
- encyclopedia articles
- news and magazine stories
LearningExpress - EBSCO - Grades 4-8 Educator Resources
- covers middle school math, english language skills and social studies improvement
- includes high school entrance exam prep: COOP, HSPT, SHSAT, SSAT & ISEE
Middle Search Plus - EBSCO
Articles from middles school magazines and reference books; grades 6–8.
- full-text articles
- 131,000+ biographies
- 107,000+ primary source documents
- search by Lexile to match materials to student's reading level
NoveList K–8 Plus
Interactive tool for finding books for grades K–8.
- suggestions for read-alikes
- book reviews
- discussion questions
- search by Lexile to find materials by reading level
Multimedia encyclopedia for grades K–8. Includes a read-aloud option.
- thousands of entries
- dictionary, atlas, maps, citations
- access to news sources from around the world
- search by Lexile to match materials to student
Science exploration for grades 4 & up.
- articles on Earth, space, health and the human body, physics, technology, math, and engineering
- news, experiments, and info on careers in science
Get help with schoolwork; grades 1 & up. Also available as an app: www.tutor.com/mobile.
- connect live (by chat or voice) with subject specialists daily 2–11 PM CT
- drop off math questions
- submit papers for review
- take practice quizzes
World Book Online
Encyclopedia of knowledge for all ages. Includes:
- Student Encyclopedia
- illustrations, timelines, timeline creation tool
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos